RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Spoke to BMW Genius today, my car is scheduled to be finished week 50 rather than begin at week 50! Music to my ears He gave me a date of 12/15 barring any setbacks, but it's status 150 and so he said it's not likely to stretch into next year. Glad I ordered my mods now rather than later, as I genuinely had no hopes of obtaining this car before March, and now an end of January/February delivery is very possible if there aren't any setbacks at the port. I'm about to opt out of the Eye Care 2.0 just in case they hold it back for that reason since that's done at port lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsaint View Post
Does anyone know how long does it take to get an allocation? I am in North Jersey. Put in my order on Oct 29th (last month) but I am still in the waiting line. 3 people are ahead of me to get on allocation.

The sales person has no idea when will be the allocation. They haven't been any help. Does anyone know on average how often BMW releases the allocation and how has been your experience in your area from ordering to build date?
Unfortunately, the number of allocations given to dealerships is dictated by BMW and thus there is no way to accurately say when your dealership will get an allocation. They may give your dealership 1 each month, or 2, or none at all. Allocations tend to drop at a specific time so you may want to be on the hunt right around then as some people put their names on the order bank but get tired of waiting so when their name gets called, they decline and the allocation goes to the next person.

Be vigilant, and take some time out of your day if you're serious about getting an allocation/a decent spot. I don't even remember how many dealerships I called (must've been 25+) asking if they had any allocations/how many people they had in their order bank, and I made sure to be nice and courteous as I'm sure people call every day. I let them know to call me if they get an allocation as I'm looking to spec one up very nicely and be a repeat customer since it's a lease. I lucked out and got an allocation within 2 weeks, but I think demand is a bit higher now so you're a bit more unlikely to get an allocation immediately. However, you'll never know unless you try.

Our cars must be together. Just spoke to Genius for an update. Estimated completion for my Mexico Blue Beast is 12/13. Currently on track! Can't wait! I think for you on the east coast, if no major delays, January is a real possibility. For me in socal- I'm thinking early/ mid February.
Appreciate 1
AhsanU3829.50