United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
I ran home made bmc cone intakes and the power was not noticeable. However, the sound was absolutely spectacular. And im anal as fuck about exhaust sound. Super deep bad assy exhaust note, intake hiss, blowoff sounds… and Its worth the price of admission. The only issue ive had was with the jb4 i had some soft codes while running e30 on aggressive maps related to manifold pressures. No cel. According to Terry they will fix it, its on their end on the jb4 programming. For now running bmc filters and stock airboxes but the intakes completely ruined me. I cant fucking wait to run them again. These transform the car IMO

PS the car's performance is dramatically affected by DA and atmospheric conditions. Much more than intakes imo. Also i noticed that the intakes are slightly easier to cool off and heat soak less easily than the stock aiboxes due to less thermal mass probably. So if youre looking at the power, forget it. If u want sound and possibly slightly more consistent iat, this is the golden goose egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
I ran home made bmc cone intakes and the power was not noticeable. However, the sound was absolutely spectacular. And im anal as fuck about exhaust sound. Super deep bad assy exhaust note, intake hiss, blowoff sounds… and Its worth the price of admission. The only issue ive had was with the jb4 i had some soft codes while running e30 on aggressive maps related to manifold pressures. No cel. According to Terry they will fix it, its on their end on the jb4 programming. For now running bmc filters and stock airboxes but the intakes completely ruined me. I cant fucking wait to run them again. These transform the car IMO

PS the car's performance is dramatically affected by DA and atmospheric conditions. Much more than intakes imo. Also i noticed that the intakes are slightly easier to cool off and heat soak less easily than the stock aiboxes due to less thermal mass probably. So if youre looking at the power, forget it. If u want sound and possibly slightly more consistent iat, this is the golden goose egg
I dmed you @midwest_g80 on instagram!
Appreciate 0