Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Is something wrong with her DCT? She's the first one to say that the ZF shifts quicker so I find it hard to believe. You've driven her car, what's your impression on DCT vs ZF having driven them back to back?
I think she especially meant the thing with "staying on the downshift and the car chooses the lowest possible gear".

In that point the ZF is faster.

also I don't think someone will notice the shift difference regarding speed somehow, the only thing with DCT is that it is engaging and "pushes" you forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Is something wrong with her DCT? She's the first one to say that the ZF shifts quicker so I find it hard to believe. You've driven her car, what's your impression on DCT vs ZF having driven them back to back?
I think she especially meant the thing with "staying on the downshift and the car chooses the lowest possible gear".

In that point the ZF is faster.

also I don't think someone will notice the shift difference regarding speed somehow, the only thing with DCT is that it is engaging and "pushes" you forward.

It's not at all? In manual mode with the DTC, press kickdown with the accelerator pedal and pull the downshift paddle. It'll then drop down and SKIP to the lowest gear possible. At 70mph it'll drop from 7th to 3rd in an instant I've found, anyone that thinks ZF is in anyway 'faster' is delusional or suffering from confirmation bias if you think the ZF gearbox is faster.

Same with kickdown in auto mode, the ZF drops down the gears. Engaging gears as it drops down. DTC however, skips gears.

ZF - Example - *Kickdown Requested* 7-6-5-4th

DTC Example - *Kickdown Request* 7-4th

ZF is no where near as responsive as DTC, sorry
Appreciate 11
ubchariot101.50
MDuckie94.50
Mavus2035.50
stein_325i25086.00
THEROK1267.50
Fugly M35114.50
e30m300.00
Robin_NL8723.00