View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 10:06 PM   #9
filostrato
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagician View Post
Sold my ‘18 LCI M2 6spd 2 years ago, missed it so much and decided to get the last of F87 M2C.

After adding MPE exhaust + MP coils to my order I decided to check G80 base 6 spd. I really liked it and have an opportunity to change my F87 M2C allocation to ´21 FG or BG G80 with 6spd, carbon interior and possible premium pack as I want HUD.

From watching many videos and reading our forum I’m extremely disappointed with S58 exhaust note. I assume DP is what most are going for?

Still on a fence between the two..

I don't have a ton of experience with that platform but did get some wheel time in an M235i. Driving a G80 now I can say the driving experiences are pretty drastically different. The G80 feels much bigger, which is great for stability at high speeds and really nice having the practicality of usable rear seats. I've never driven a car that works so well as a daily and can instantly be exciting totally slay a mountain road.

But even knowing that the 235i was much "slower" it doesn't necessarily feel that way. It's a much more visceral driving experience and feels so quick even when you're not at the limit. People would complain about the flinty ride in the 2 series, and from what I hear it's even more stiff in the F87. Exhaust was definitely louder in the F series cars (fake cabin sound, outside and artificial pops) which is personal preference

Either way both cars are great drivers cars but have very different personalities. You can't go wrong choosing between the two!
Appreciate 0