Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I give no shits about drag racing but C&D 1/4 mile times are a good metric for general speed. I will be surprised if the G8x is not less than 11 sec 1/4 mi by their measure and it will handle the rest of the track as well or better than F8x, especially in AWD. This is the M version of a GTR but should have a lot more character.
Standing 1/4 mile is only really relevant when your racing soccer moms to the Target so you can get the last can of lysol and pulling out of the pit to get on the track.

Regardless, I have little doubt that the G8X has the potential to be faster around the track. I have more doubt that it will be more engaging. I already find my M3 CS, the lightest production F80, to be too heavy and less fun to drive than something like a Cayman GTS, a slower, less powerful, but lighter sports car.

The AWD will have more drivetrain loss, and more weight for traction that it can't use in the straights. Where it will shine is coming out of the corner with more traction, where it will hurt is going into the corner with that added weight. I hope the G80 is underrated to fight that drivetrain loss and weight increase more effectively. Really though, all they had to do was not make the car any bigger and try to maintain mass from the F80, but for some reason everything has to get bigger and more ostentatious for the likes and subscribes.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0