View Single Post
      06-02-2022, 08:28 AM   #139
YamaLink
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: rust-free '93 Toyota 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I definitely went into it knowing the car wouldn't be a daily…….not by a long shot. On the same token, my most recent '17 M4 was a weekend/recreation car as well (…13,500 miles over 4 years; sold here on the forum May of 2021). It's just much easier to jump into my '21 Toyota Corolla….and I don't have to "care" about where I park, dents, road debris, immaculate paint, etc.

The GTS 4.0 is a great car. Get it! You have a beater, so you can get by with a two seater with only enough frunk space for two newborn babies. Lol!
Yeah, already noticed a tiny nick on front from the 500 mile drive back home. Parked next to my 2005 suv which has so many stories from its door dings and camping related scrapes it actually made me do a first world problem smile, ha.

I went from wanting the M3 for its styling (the hips) then realizing I don't want/need a 4 door to the M4 and loving everything about it except the size compared to my m240ix. The Caymans all look the same below the GT4 and I'll admit that matters to me. Drove a regular Cayman S about 3 years ago that did nothing for me emotionally. No chance to test a GTS 4.0 as a daily and don't want to be disappointed with low rpm like the Macan S (revved it so hard on quick test the SA started shouting, what a douche); obviously apples to oranges. Building a GTS 4.0 online last night shocked me in two ways:
1: the nickel and diming for simple stuff like auto dimming mirrors and folding mirrors and.... I knew about it, but actually building one made the BMW experience seem almost too easy like buying my Tesla. A decent spec added $15,000! Out the door I don't think the $22,000 delta over my M4CX can be justified. That's enough to buy another KTM 1290 Adventure R!
2: there are some wheels and colors that make the pedestrian looking Cayman just POP and it's so unique in a sea of off the lot Porsches. But even if I could find one it won't be my color.

Decisions, decisions. What if I could get a GTS 4.0 right now???
Again, thanks for your input. And I am a bit envious of your Corolla. Tried getting the GR, but local dealer has maybe ONE and the list was in the DOZENS.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25165.00