Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post

- ...but it's ride and handling limits are too high to enjoy on the road."
So you believe that a car is only enjoyable in real life when its handling limits aren't that good? Maybe test a Porsche Turbo S then?
My point was that cars built to move about and provide lots of driver interaction are generally enjoyable at sensible road speeds and give you something to do - the 1M did this nicely.

There are a few cars that make themselves less interactive at lower speeds to focus on higher ultimate performance which can spoil them or make their control points seem "aloof" (i.e. some RS Audi's).

Porsche 911's are built on a custom platform so they have more control over both the low speed interactivity and the higher speed handling. I hope the M3 hasn't aimed at the higher speed/track times at the expense of the more accessible interactivity on the road.

Another member mentioned "today's E30 M3" is likely the GT86 and they could be right - small, light, interactive, small power, loves being revved out and enjoyable at road speeds.

I hope I'm wrong and the G8x nails the brief for all areas of driving but I'm predicting BMW have moved the needle on track times whilst making the car less fun on the road.
Appreciate 0