View Single Post
      03-15-2024, 09:09 PM   #11
TropikThunder
Private
Rep
Drives: current: 330i next: x3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
You need to open the Amp and install the analog card and switch the input voltage.

Important: My first mistake in installing.
The harness instructions state:
Important note: Before the first start-up the Highlevel input inside the UP 10DSP amplifier has to be set to the High Voltage Range (jumper position: Input G - H 32V). For more information about setting the input sensitivity please refer to page 35 of the UP 10DSP manual.

However speaking to the Match Tech the analog card does not need the high voltage setting because it only runs the center channel.
So leave the switch and jumper alone in the Analog card.
To be clear; You still need to set the main board to high voltage
Thanks for posting this part. In the good old days, you had low level inputs (RCA cords like the line-out for an external sub), and high level inputs (speaker wires). So having a "high level" and a "high-er level" confused me.

The analog card has the phrase "if an OEM amplifier is used as signal source the Load Jumper has to be removed immediately and the Input Sensitivity switch must be set to the 30 V / 8 V position." The Match DSP sits between the two factory components (the booster and the RAM), which is why they tell you to use the high-er level inputs, correct?
Appreciate 1
Skyscraper2196.00