02-26-2024, 09:26 AM   #10
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
Thank You bri1042
That is exactly the type of information we need in this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only old guy that is new to the modern DSP amplifiers.
Trying to find information on how to get the Match to work was very frustrating. Once I went through it I realized it was fairly simple. But finding the "How To" was not.
I spent a couple of years over the course of multiple cars experimenting until I felt like I was somewhat competent with it. Not everyone needs to go that far, but it is a skill that takes some time (like most things). I used to have a site bookmarked that did a GREAT job of explaining what every little slice of the audio spectrum was responsible for and noted which instruments you'd hear in each range so that you could pinpoint the range that seemed off based on what was being played. Unfortunately that page is gone but that sort of reference can really help.

A pink noise WAV or MP3 file and a sound measuring app on your laptop can also be really helpful, but can throw you off if your microphone isn't very good (I do not have a good mic so that route was problematic).

BTW, I tried one of the "rebranded" versions with tunes set up by the vendor once where they locked out DSP changes. Their tunes all had the timing wrong for where my seat was and it was awful. I won't name the company, but their responses to the issues were, um, not useful. Someone taller or shorter than you could be happy with their locked-DSP purchase when you won't be. I also used a rebranded Match from a different company that wasn't locked and that was a good purchase.

Have fun with it, if you can, and take some time with it.
Appreciate 1
Skyscraper2196.00