12-22-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polot View Post
I imagine most people here are not using 2021 M340i, X4s, etc here solely as summer toys. If you are regularly using the car and you are having battery charge issues I would lean more into there is something wrong with the battery (or alternator, etc). I know you said you only use yours as a summer toy that you don’t drive in winter but it is only late December and if your new car is already having battery issues I would again suggest there is something wrong with your car.
X4 is not the toy but was mentioned as it has the same MHT system which will be omnipresent in most of the NA vehicles. He also behaves exactly the same when trying to charge it. For now M340i is kept for summer.

Anyway, With the charger on the both behave the same. It is nothing wrong with the charging system. The car was sitting since July as is located in a different area.

The 2021 X4 had the same issue as the guys that fully wraped the whole car with PPF took two weeks for the work and that consumed the battery which forced me to buy a new battery regardless the car was three months old.
Those batteries, if they reach a certain low voltage, they are dismissed by the system as being damaged and they can not be recharged. Hence, you need to buy a new one.

As mentioned above, my BMW Shop Foreman also took other two new ones from the dealership lot and they behave the same regardless if the charger is a CTEK, a BMW or a NOCO.
The battery was however succesfully charged with the professional BMW shop charger. I just was away from the car since June and if you don’t drive them, the network of computers they have literaly suck the power.
I talked to one guy at a tuning shop and he said that Ctek is working on the problem.

I just wanted to know if someone managed to avoid the system somehow and charge the big trunk battery.
Appreciate 0