Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Looks great. Very distinctive.

Some things to sanity check:
1. Be aware that Fiona has less alcantara on the side bolsters than say Kyalami.
2. Be sure you won't be bothered by the wire mesh on the front bumper in real life vs. having carbon fiber. I agonized over it before I asked for carbon fiber to be put in.
3. I've noticed you're not getting Driver Assistance Pro or the Parking Assistance Package. Be sure that you don't need those. Not curbing your front lip even once is worth it. 'Self-driving' is great in stop and go, and for long distances.
4. You're getting extended leather. People have done that and wished they got full after the fact because of cheap plastic vs. soft touch leather. May want to think about that.

It's a balance at the end of the day and you need to find the balance that works for you. I know myself and know that I will always be bothered by the things I didn't order, so I had almost everything ticked in my order except what I deliberately avoided: CF seats (impractical getting in and out, and I expect premature bolster wear; great when driving though), carbon ceramic brakes (less effective when cold or wet), seat ventilation (not as good as a Porsche).
i agree with everything u said, i plan on changing the front mesh with after market carbon in the future. I ended up getting Fjord blue interior and I personally cant stand bmw self driving package, it was a SERIOUS issue on my x5 and dont want to touch it with a 5ft pole. I did not do full leather because on my f80 the dash leathered creased after 9 months
Honestly, I sat in a M3 with extended leather and it did not bother me. it looked and felt great to me. I even thought it was better than the M340 interior. As far as the driving assistance packages, my car won't be a daily so I would have not gotten my monies worth.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0