09-21-2021, 04:24 PM   #68
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
So jealous! That's awesome! I'm gonna mess w this M3 a couple years. Then, I'll have my sights on a Z06 perhaps. I tend to keep a car 1-2 years. It's a problem. Lol.
Dude if you can, do it. Even if you're not a corvette fan, do it anyway.

This is GM's first supercar, in my opinion. Corvette z06's have always had supercar performance but lacked being an actual supercar. But if GM does this right with the C8 z06, this WILL BE GM's first supercar. I'll miss the pushrod sound but i know i'll still be happy hearing the flat plane crank sound as well. It'll be my poor man's ferrari LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I daily drove many manual cars for about 25 yrs in shitty ass Southern California traffic on the 405 and 10 freeways - probably 2 of the worst freeways to commute on in the country.

What I found *for me* was manuals were easier to drive in traffic b/c I wasn't constantly shifting my right foot btw the brake and accelerator pedal in heavy traffic like I would have to in an automatic. I basically had left foot on clutch and rt foot on accelerator and just creeped along, almost never having to brake.

These were real commutes... not 200-300 miles like you did, but I'm talking about 17-25 mile commutes that still took an hour to 1.5 hours each freaking way. Man that sucked (in general).

I had a 300ZXTT manual back in the day. I put like 60K+ miles on that car in about 4 yrs. It was my dream car at the time, but I didn't give a rats ass how many miles I put on it because I loved driving it and it was my only car.

I had a 300ZXTT as well lol. 1993. This was when i had my FD3S rx7 too. Great cars. Until every issue involves basically taking out every single thing in the engine bay. That got old quick and some dude from upstate new york came with his GF and took it off me. Made a small profit too lol.

But i have never found driving a manual easier in stop and go traffic than auto. Especially these days with auto's, most if not all cars come with auto hold so you don't even need to have your foot rest on the brake pedal. It'll hold the brake pedal for you, illuminating your brake lights as well for safety.

I daily drove a 2000 civic SI with a 6 puck clutch for almost a year. I wanted to end my life. IN the morning was great cause no traffic. Going home, i wanted to drive the car off a cliff.

My c7 z06 is the only manual i have left. And even when i drive it on the weekends and i encounter those rare traffic jams, really made me start to dislike manuals.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00