View Single Post
      04-21-2021, 06:33 AM   #38
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuhapete View Post
Havent driven the Cayman but in general Porsches have become like surgical tools. They are very fast but not very much emotion. That I can say on all 992:s I have driven. Apart from the engine the Cayman seems to be built likely. I would choose the G80 every day of the week if these 2 cars were the options.
Surgical tooling is great in an EV like the Taycan but not so in 992:s. For me the Taycan is by far the best Porsche has to offer at the moment (GT3 or similar not in equation).
I hope I can get some track time in the G80 soon. Really looking forward to that.
Surgical tools? Yes they’re precise, yes they’re as accurate as a sniper from 1500 ft away hitting a target dead on, but they do provide a level of emotion and satisfaction I don’t think many cars can match and they are driver’s car through and through. Just read the Motortrend 2020 Best Driver’s car where the Carrera S (again) won over a friend of very good cars. There’s also a reason why you cannot get a 911 of any variation right now for 4-6 months (or more in some cases). They’re just the hands down best all around car on the market. And to think that is only what is essentially the entry point of the 911 (which is also about 2 years old now). The GT4 has already, despite being held back by Porsche one of the best driving cars ever built and the 992 GT3 is already shaking up to be other worldly.
Appreciate 0