View Single Post
      03-19-2021, 09:53 AM   #55
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Just checking with the '6MT for life crew', does this change your thinking at all? I suspect a G80 6MT will be behind the Porsche for some of this race?!?!?
Why would this change the minds of us manual fans? We know it's not faster to have a manual and hasn't been for some time. I have yet to have a bad day, gotten in an auto/dual clutch/paddle shift car and received the same physical satisfaction of changing through the gears as with a clutch pedal.

Pull a paddle in anger, then do a 2-3 change in anger in a manual car. One is definitely more gratifying than the other physically.

It used to be that the auto was a $2000 upcharge over a manual. I would happily see that reversed and pay $2000 for a manual to make it available. I would purchase an M340i, RWD, 6MT tomorrow if it was available at a cost increase. It's not like BMW don't have the B58/6MT combination already...

The drag race is impressive for the M car no doubt, BMW have definitely been focusing on launch control from the F series that was universally panned. But in the end the G82 is ahead for power/weight as well as peak numbers
Appreciate 0