Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
Hi, guys, Jason here.

Also, I really preferred the auto. Which is something I hate to admit - but that manual?

Look, if you want a manual, you want a manual. So, at least it's there. But, much like the E60 M5, it feels like BMW AG phoned it in just to please BMW NA. :/
Great video Jason!

I do think with months or years of ownership the manual will always win, even a flawed manual. In a short amount of time an auto can seem like the better choice....Until it gets boring and all novelty wears off. The manual can be modified pretty easily to driver specs which adds to the enjoyment and 'over time' learning the flaws of the manual can add a little character to the car. JMVHO.
…add to that, the sensory/tactile engagement and the skillset necessary to drive a manual well.

The perfect analogy is….

…an auto/DCT is to an enthusiast what a vibrator is to a woman. A vibrator will get a woman off 100% of the time with supreme efficiency, but nothing is like a man and his penis, even if she doesn't get off every time. More work and skill is required to be efficient with a penis. The vibrator, however efficient, just becomes numb and boring. Auto/DCT's are vibrators.
Appreciate 0