View Single Post
      06-24-2021, 11:57 PM   #19
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadHater View Post
You should definitely drive the M3 and use that experience to help you decide. I love my M340i xDrive. It launches hard and pulls hard, but the top end is definitely lacking. All it needs is a tune and a few bolt-ons to fix that though.
The reason I decided to order the 22' xDrive M3 Comp is because I have an irrational love for cars. I can't tell anyone else what the car is worth or if it makes sense to jump from B58tu to S58. Cars are definitely not a good investment, they are just something that brings me immense joy. I decided to just pull the trigger, no regrets.
If you aren't a die hard car person, it might not make any sense to upgrade. A RWD G20 M3 and an xDrive M340i does not have a huge gap in straight line performance considering the price difference.
I’m definitely a die hard car person but I’m just not sure the two cars are that far apart when sitting in typical California traffic unable to tap the performance. Then there’s that baggage that comes with daily driving something special, expensive, and sought after: “my car is special I have to always keep it clean, I have to valet it to keep it safe, are my employees going to get jealous and start asking for raises if I take it to work, I have to keep the miles low to preserve the residual, I can’t park it near other cars they’ll door ding me,, what was that clicking noise I need to take it to the dealership”. All that personal shit aside, I absolutely understand the full M car is in a completely different league. It’s just a question of whether it matters if I don’t have time to play hooky on a weekday to take it to Sears Point or Thunderhill. For me the decision would be so much easier if I didn’t already have the M340i which is such a capable performance daily driver.

Last edited by Giggler; 06-25-2021 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 2
PLF693770.00
MBM3401026.00