View Single Post
      05-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #7
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
None needed. The car was brand new and the paint was pretty immaculate. I just washed it, dried it and applied the coating.
Exotics are delivered with paint imperfections and need paint correction. Paint correction (minimum light polish) is also always recommended when applying a coating (not spray product, but that will still help). Prep is the key to getting the best results out of a coating and maintenance is how you get the manufacturer claim. Point being if Ferraris are delivered with not perfect paint then BMW's cars aren't either.

If you don't care that is totally fine, but this is the "proper" way to go about installing a coating even if you do it yourself. I also would still recommend sticking with more well known brands. Larry is a chemist and enthusiast, but I find it strange for such an "ocd detailing" person his line has never expanded compared to the competition and his products never get any press. Not saying they are bad or you will go wrong, but stick with the companies that are consistent and have been more transparent with their products. Just my two cents for future visitors reading this thread.
Appreciate 0