12-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #22
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
Congrats on a beautiful combo!
Your signature says you also had an M3 CS.
Curious how would you compare the two?
Was your CS SMB as well?

I have an F80 CS and contemplating between purchasing it once the lease ends or going to the G80...
I have to say my review is currently a bit limited as I haven't completed the break in process. On my few trials with the G80 M3, it is so effortlessly fast, it's really on a different level. I've only hit 5k rpm, and I can only imagine what this bad boy does at 7k+. At the same time, the new G80 is such an amazing all around car, it does everything very well, as other have echoed. It's such a comfortable long haul GT that has all the creature comforts you could ever want.

The M3 CS is a very different beast. It's more of a "driver's car" as you know, a bit more raw, subjectively felt lighter, and the suspension is a bit more stiff. I love the DCT, but I was getting a bit annoyed not having comfort access and a middle armrest in the CS. The tech is also getting a bit dated now in the CS.

My M3 CS was white, but I lusted after the San Marino, and at the time I couldn't find a good deal on the blue (which was the biggest reason I didn't buy mine out). And weirdly enough, that's why I ended up waiting to get everything I want in the new G80 package, and so far I'm thrilled.

Either way you go, you can't go wrong- both are great cars in their own rights.
AlexN171.50