First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Comp

Garage List
  [5.00]
2019 BMW M5 Competi ...  [9.65]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I have done the exact same thing. My M2 setting fulfills all the parameters. Then you just place it in second gear, hold the break floor it and wait for the launch light to come on. What I’m trying to tell you is it doesn’t always work. First off once you do it the first time there’s some sort of timer I guess for it to be available to you again and from my understanding there’s also temperature restrictions on the engine which are probably exceeded all the damn time because I live in Florida. It’s 94° where I live. My main questions are after you meet all the parameters i.e. S1, DSC off, 2nd gear and brake hold for launching it what other unknown restrictions can prevent or delay launch control availability? Here are my only two guesses.

1. Timer- A mandatory waiting period between notches? If there is one how long is the timer?
2. Engine temperature restrictions- I believe I read somewhere that there are temperature ranges the transmission and engine must be in before launch control it is able to be activated. If this is true what are they?

Please understand when it comes to me please don’t circle back to “you must have these basic settings engaged before launch control could be activated.” I know this. It really is quite simple. However I’m telling you that launch control availability has been limited for me having met these basic settings and I’m trying to figure out why. By the way if you hold the break and floor it without launch control activated you lay about 20 to 30 feet of rubber. Ask me how I know.
So you do need to drive a certain amount of time.. not sure exactly but I know when I tried back to back pulls it does not work. It did say in the manual (i think) that the engine does need to be warm for you to activate launch control.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50