bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP View Post
The ACS product you've seen in person, Autozone? Just trying to understand the rational. Made in Germany = JDM now? I think it looks like ACS. Trend setting as usual and completely functional, not just for looks.

Is BMW M Performance 2F2F, JDM parts as well? Available at Autozone? If my last question is ridiculous, you might be starting to understand.
If ACS designed a car with dragon stickers on the side, an oversized wing, fake chrome vents, and 12” wheels tilted in at 45*, regardless of the quality or functionality of those parts, I think we would all (at least I hope all! Lol) laugh at it as ridiculous and not attractive. Now it may be that those parts could be amazingly functional, but that is not relevant to the design discussion. As an aside, one needs no expertise to comment on design. Functionality? Absolutely. Design? Nope.

When people say PepBoys parts, they are not referring to quality, but rather to a design ethos of accessories that pervade the parts sold there. While the ACS design may not be that offensive, it is simply a comment on the design. I don’t think anyone here is trying to say ACS parts are cheap knock-off, or not properly engineered, mainly because we all know otherwise.

Using your fashion analogy, I often see hideous designs from high fashion brands that are known for their quality. Doesn’t diminish the quality of product, just the visual appeal.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 0