06-25-2021, 06:29 AM   #1010
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
And whether the the car market is doing well or not will make zero difference on how the success of the model is measured in the overall sports/luxury car industry. BMW will determine the success of it based off of sales numbers compared to other vehicles in the same likeness and price range as well as how it did compared to the previous design which some of your claim is less/not “controversial”.
You literally just contradicted yourself there. So the car market makes no difference but how the G8x did compared to other vehicles in its class does? The other cars in the class are a representation of the market conditions for this class. And how that market performs plays a factor in determining if the G8x is a success or failure.

At this point I'm not sure if you're just trolling or if you really don't understand basic analytical concepts. I never claimed it "can't be more popular than the F80". In fact I stated it will likely sell more than the F80 due to features offered which appeal to non-enthusiasts (which represent a much larger number of car buyers than enthusiasts - thus why BMW is targeting them by making this generation more refined and approachable).

The point here is that absolute sales figures only paint part of the picture. You need to consider all factors to determine if something can be considered a success or a failure.

You have to consider things like:
Sales figures
Market share
Economic conditions (i.e. many companies are finding it difficult to use 2020 data reliably since covid caused havoc on supply chains, and continues to into 2021)
etc.

Notice how nowhere in my factors to consider did I mention "forum comments". Simply "following the money" is such a rudimentary approach.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2
koopa128.50