View Single Post
      08-14-2022, 01:46 AM   #5421
Saywhat4118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335; F15 X5; G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas165 View Post
As posted yesterday, I got some footage of how my new Milltek exhaust sounds, installed just five days ago.

Below I've posted links to the clips, one for each setting: default, sport, and sport+.

I filmed it all with my iPhone X, so the quality isn't the greatest, but it should still give you a pretty good idea of what the sound is like.

Is the Milltek exhaust worth it?

It's a major upgrade over the stock exhaust as there is definitely an audible difference between the two. Overall, the sound is way more agressive.

Specifically, the default mode now sounds like the sport mode did before, if not better. I especially like the purring of the engine in the default mode. In addition, there are some burbles in sport+, which there weren't before.

With that said, since this is the European version of the G80 and the exhaust is legal (i.e., it retains OPF), it probably won't sound too impressive to most of you since the North American version is not subject to the same emission restrictions, so your stock exhaust may be more agressive than this.

But at least the Europeans on here might find this post helpful if they're considering upgrading their exhaust without making any illegal mods.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I'm not getting paid by Milltek nor am I in any way affiliated with [...]
I'm getting playback error.