Rep
Drives: '12 E93 M3-DCT,'21 G80 M3-6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch6257 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire240 View Post
Some reviews I've seen online are that the engine is preferred in auto, even though it is the zf as its amg fast. The manual "base" variants have longer gears, but maybe doesn't quite fit the bigger sport gt feeling the car gives off. I'll be transitioning into an m3 competition and currently have an m2 competition in manual.
For me personally I've had an 18 m3 comp(manual) as well so I would need the extra power and change in transmission to not have it feel too close to what I used to have. Plus the paddle shifters are carbon!
So everyone has there opinion and if one wants a drag strip off the line car I suppose the auto would be the way to go. However, if you want full driving engagement and never get bored with the driving experience MT is the way to go. It's quite engaging to drive in efficient, sport and sport +.

Bonus: In 10 years, a 6MT will command a premium residual market value over the Auto. Pretty much guaranteed.
Yeah but does the 1-2 shift still suck?
That depends on what mode and what state of mind your in. If one's idea of their fast M car dominating mom's station wagon (x3/x5/kia) off the line, I suppose it may lag a bit off the line in efficient/comfort. However, I would say it is more the driver as launch control activates and works well on the 6MT. So suk is not a word I would use, but too tall a first gear I would have to agree, but gears 2-6 are sublime and I believe the cost is a tall 1st gear.
Appreciate 0