View Single Post
      12-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #22
Jacky Treehorn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
This is an intellectually dishonest statement. There can not be a discussion of a performance vehicle without taking speed or acceleration into account or we would all be driving BRZ's or Mitata's. A competitive nurburgring time cannot be accomplished by a vehicle that does not perform well in the 1/4 therefore it matters to you. It's one thing to say you have zero interest in drag racing but another to say that 1/4 mile time doesn't matter because it absoultely factors in with we well-rounded performance car which is apparently important to you.
Take your new M3 and add your tunes, downpipes, bigger turbos. Get yourself 900hp. 3900lb car. It's my personal opinion that a 900hp M3 will not be the most versatile, well rounded vehicle anymore. It takes on a different character....it may be faster in the 1/4 mile than the original car, but it's no longer a balanced and well rounded vehicle in my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I've been down this road before....and just because you have more horsepower and run faster 1/4 miles does not mean you run faster road-course times. It doesn't necessarily work that way. You do reach a point where the car can no longer effectively use that power unless you are using it in a straight line. Now if drag racing is your thing, have at it.

I also come from a motorcycle background. The guys with lower powered bikes often times would be turning better laps than dudes with these insane liter bikes. The liter bike has more power, more straight line speed....but they couldn't even tap into that power or use it. We use to make fun of those guys because their tires would have a giant flat spot in the center because all they do it go fast in a straight line....some of us don't view that as well rounded and prefer to use the full extent of the motor as it was intended.
Appreciate 4
irunalot1518.00
KoenG1428.50
stein_325i25083.00