View Single Post
      12-10-2020, 10:35 PM   #8
gpdriver17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky Treehorn View Post
Have zero interest in 1/4 miles. Don't care how much hp it has over 500 really to be honest.

I do care how well-rounded the car is as a versatile, streetable daily driver that is very capable on road-courses and posts a competitive nurburgring time.

At some point in road racing, you need to balance power with what the chassis can handle aerodynamically and road-holding/traction at the physical limits....It doesn't make any logical sense to have a near 4000lb GT road car that does occasional road course track duty with 800hp that can't effectively put down power to the tarmac coming out of or going into turns, and can't road hold because it's too heavy at the limit. Adding more power to the tune of like 800-1000hp is just going to ruin the balance of the car. Are people really buying the M3 for drag racing or something?
I don't understand how more power ruins the balance of the car. Especially with AWD and modern tires, it's fine. My M5 is around 800+hp and feels incredible coming out of low speed corners in second gear. I raced shifter karts for years and that's the only thing that gives me a similar feeling. Just doing a slight slide out of a corner with all 4 wheels slipping/while accelerating HARD is a lot of fun. On a 2wd car it would be a lot to control, but you can always give it less throttle.
2023 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Appreciate 5
heavyD^23688.50
AlexFL7837.00
astris615.00
ElHeffe186.00