M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

I actually owned three F80
2015 non comp
2018 C and the current CS
F90 acceleration and speed in straight line is certainly at a different level than the F80
still in the CS the steering feels heavy , as I said earlier I drove the CS to the dealer , so it was back to back comparison
G80 acceleration is more linear and less spiky
but I remember when I went from E92 to F80 , the F80 on initial drive felt way faster and in this case I did not feel much if any difference
the CS vs base F80 is a big difference as far as steering accuracy because of suspension tweaks and staggered set up on tires but the steering still feels heavier than what is should be in both cars
MT transmission is good , similar to M2 which I had but nothing special.Nothing compared to like a Porsche GT car, but again it is good enough
it might be a surprise what I am going to say , but I did not love the E92 M3 . I liked it but not loved it
it was heavy , engine was less torque at lower RPM , and first to second gear was notchy , so it made suburban driving less engaging because you don't have the space to open it up and get to third and fourth gear high rpm range
when I sold the E92, I bought a C63 2010 and I remember I was smiling ear to ear all the time despite the fact that overall the car was inferior to E92 mostly bad transmission, and worse steering ..
Appreciate 2
bm323193.50