09-10-2022, 06:42 PM   #4
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goheels1434 View Post
Hey guys, recently got front, roof, and side skirts Xpel PPF completed on my G80. Picked the car up yesterday. However, had something very unusual/unexpected and wanted to get feedback from those that have had front end PPF on G80/G82’s previously.

Shop is highly recommended, Xpel certified, great reviews. Really nice guy that runs the place, and fair price.

However, on picking my car up, and inspecting the work etc, pointing out what few seams there are, I asked about the grill and grill slats. He stated that he does not PPF those on the G80 because the grill slats cannot be made to look good when wrapped in PPF, and will lift etc. This was honestly shocking to me, because at no point in dropping the car off and discussing did that come up.

So I’ll ask everyone else on here that has had PPF done to the front bumper of the G80. Did your grill get PPF and did your installers express any challenge or concerns about the grill?
TBH I'm getting PPF on the entire front end, hood, roof, fenders and rockers and would NOT expect the grill to be PPF'd. It doesn't logically make any sense, and so I'm just as shocked at your response as you are that it wasn't done.
2017 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0