Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Hard to argue with these assessments. But even if something is or isnt a hit doesnt mean you cant feel the opposite about it. I feel the M2 is a miss, but mostly because the 1M was so much better.
The 1M had its detractors when it came out, including myself. It wasn't a "real" M car, it looked like a distended cat dragging it's belly around etc... time has very kind to the 1M and it's a great car, but there is a lot of nostalgia there as well for the way cars used to drive before all the regulations and marketing started to cloud the waters. The M2 pretty much trounces the 1M in all aspects of performance driving save for the aforementioned driver experience. Maybe I am biased but I feel like the G8X is the first real step back in too many significant ways compared to its predecessor. I mean, every generation gets faster and bigger and heavier, but even the F8X and E92 I felt were at the limits of weight and size. At least the F8X trimmed the fat, but the G8X went up in both.

I think history will be kind to the M2 and F8X... unless BMW does some major soul searching, these will be the last of the traditional driver's M cars.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 4