01-24-2021, 09:49 AM   #18
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I'm not an expert on tires so apologies if this is a dumb question:

Are there all-season tires that are better than the stock performance tires that come with the G80? Or am I effectively neutering the car simply by going with all-seasons, regardless of which tire I go with?

My two options that I'm considering are:
1) Getting a dedicated winter tire and an extra set of high performance summer tires (and saving the stock tires for when I have to return my lease). I'd be looking at ~$2,500+ on tires.
2) Getting high performance all-seasons and not have to worry about changing out the tires twice a year or getting caught in some unpredictable snow storm in late April with summers on. Just one set of tires ~$1,200.
Depends on your driving habits, environment, and what you expect from your tires. Yes AS tires will decrease performance in summer and have limited use in freezing temps but much better than summer tires in winter conditions.

If you drive aggressively in warm months, you probably would regret the AS tires. If you drive in snow/ice in winter you probably would regret the AS tires. They are good for someone who wants a single tire option and doesn't expect best performance in any specific condition. They do many things well but never best per season.
Appreciate 4
wtwo317971.00
xlover2191.00
VetteGuy845.50