01-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #139
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Honestly for my specific needs (needs to endur 10+ track days/yr) there is not much... Guilia Quadrofoglio could but lacks in many areas.

Right now the OG M2 fits the bill well, I can use a quick-fit harness so it alleviates the problem of the M2C/M3/M4 poor seat holding. Carrera T M/T if you can find one would be a good value I think. Forget Audi, Benz or Lexus if you ever do more than 1-2 track days a year.

I think after all the whining and crying there is a reason ppl continue to come back to BMW, to this day they always produced one hell of a package. I understand the ppl who jumped ship because they had decisions to make, I am in no hurry until next fall, I just hope the core elements I am looking for are still there. And yes since the inception of the G series the marketing hasnt stopped get worse and worse. I can go behond the looks if the thing drives well but I hope they stop screwing around soon.
Agree totally with what you said; however, if I may add my 2 cents. I don't see how someone who can afford a new Porsche 992 Turbo or GT3 would care about an M3/M4. Those cars are in a sacred realm, yet I see posts proclaiming their disappointment in the new M's and how it has led them to these cars. To me that's ridiculous, but then we are on a forum where one never know if someone is trolling or not.

If I had enough money to purchase a new GT3, or 992 Turbo, I would have no interest in an M3/M4 other than a casual curiosity to see what the specs are. There would be no outrage from my end. After all, M3/M4 is not even in the same realm as those cars.