View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 09:48 PM   #252
PeterKBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Couple BMW's

As promised, here's a my follow up from my BMW NA Professional Council meeting. It was brought up and everyone referenced the petition immediately. BMW NA openly said they would love for the car to come, and they are reconsidering it for a second time. No guarantees, just discussion. Audi RS6 avant was brought up, as was no competitor in the C63/RS5/Guila quad segment (which is a good thing). The issue is that they would have to homologate/federalize they wagon which is going to be much more expensive since the 3 wagon is not offered here. Short discussion about looking at bringing both came up as well to spread the cost out, but it sounded like only the G81 was being considered.

They bluntly asked a question which I loved, how much of a premium will consumers be willing to pay for the wagon vs the coupe/sedan/convertible? Since it's seems like it would only be the G81 possibly coming, would you be willing to pay 90k, 100k for one? That I think is the real discussion we should be having, a poll for that may be a good idea.

Just remember, none of the items mentioned above in no way state that this is happening. They're just simply discussing the possibility and if it even makes sense to do it. If they see real demand, anything can happen. They're clearly watching, so let's keep the discussion going.
Past: 2014 BMW 528xi Msport/2015 BMW M3 6MT
Appreciate 3
M-Pilot4861.50
ki__409.00