View Single Post
      08-01-2021, 04:46 PM   #7
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
I tried to test drive a cancelled 6MT order in North Van and they wouldn't let me because they didn't want to put KM on it. I told them no test drive = no sale and they didn't care even a little bit. 0/1 dealers

Same day I went to Brian Jessel and asked to test drive their only 6MT and they said sure and told me to wait out front. Drive pulled up in a black M4 and threw me the key and started walking away without saying anything. Hopped inside and it was a comp??????? I called the driver over and said he grabbed the wrong car. He said "oh they didn't tell you? the 6MT has a pending sale so no driving it. Just test the comp". I took it for a spin, but had a pretty bad taste in my mouth from being dicked around. Spoke to the senior advisor (Valentino) and he said sorry if the sale doesn't go through then call back in a few days and I can test drive. Called him a few days later and he goes "Oh it sold. We sell every 6MT right away.", I go "OK, are you getting another one in soon?", he goes "No. everyone wants xdrive. we aren't ordering any 6MT at all because no one wants them.". I'm thinking to myself that this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about because they clearly sell every manual the bring in right away. Anyway, I checked back on their website 3 more times over the next month and the exact 6MT car was still for sale and never in fact sold. I'm pretty sure all he cared about was an upsell even though I was ready to walk out with the manual. Such a shady practice. 0/2 dealers and they are never getting my business again.

Same day, decided to check out auto west in Richmond. Waited around for 15 mins and was completely ignored by everyone there. For reference I'm a 30yr old well dressed white dude. Didn't even get a greeting from reception. At this point I was so annoyed from the first two dealers and then being ignored so I just walked out. 0/3 dealers

Went to BMW store in Van. Their manager had a white 6MT demo car off site but they advised that I could reschedule to take it for a spin. I called back a few days later (expecting another reach around) and they were actually really accommodating and I finally was able to test the stick. Unfortunately it was really bad traffic that day but regardless I actually didn't enjoy the clutch feel at all compared to my aftermarket spec clutch in my 435i. I let them know and decided to finally drop my hopes of another brand new 6MT and just finalized and placed a deposit on an m4 comp xdrive.

For any BC people looking for recs on dealers, I was actually shocked at the terrible service of every dealer except The BMW Store in Vancouver. Hope you have better luck than I did
Appreciate 0