Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Install View Post
Has anyone else experienced distortion when the car wakes up from stop/start?
At the weekend I had the HK at 70/80% volume and every time I stopped and then pulled away the sound became heavily distorted and dipped for a second.
To me this just reinforces the fact this system isn't right. As I pointed out in an earlier post the F82 system was never like this, and I owned 2 of those.
I have never noticed this. But I also have never once used auto/start stop. I cant stand that crap. I would suspect the voltage needed for the stereo to play at that volume might have dipped when the car used the starter.

Do you drive it often? Perhaps your battery is low. Or perhaps ASS is sucking your power to crank the motor back up?
I have it on a CTek charger if I'm not using it, however I used it quite a lot last week then noticed this issue.
Funnily enough it's the first time I've been using it in all comfort settings, I just remembered this. That's why stop start is active as I have it off in my M1/2 configs. Interesting.
Still, it seems wrong that the car would allow a drop in voltage enough to let the system distort.
Just can't put my finger on the stereo issue, on certain types of music (like Disco/Funk) it seems fine, I was putting it down to those types of tracks being less busy and cleaner sounding. But then I listen to some classic rock and it's average.
I'm keeping up to date with this thread, there must be an answer to get it better without a full on strip out of stock speakers. I do want to add a sub regardless and will go down that route.
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 0