View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 05:11 PM   #102
geckoRuss
Rep
Drives: m4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisp97 View Post
***RESOLVED as of 3/18/24: Here is a video of the noise at cold start. In my case, the culprit was the Deflection Pulley aka Idler Pulley: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7L_otqh_Bxk

I have found little information regarding this sound with my G80 M3 on cold start in low temperatures. I noticed when in the low 30 degree F and below, the car squeals/whistles for a few moments, sometimes a few minutes if very cold.

Initially thought its probably a belt or pulley, took my car to BMW and they said it was due to aftermarket intakes. I knew this wasnt the case, reverted back to stock: same sound persisted. Not related to intakes at all.

Car is back at BMW a second time now since 01/10/2023. They have replicated and identified the sound, thinking it was a pulley or belt sound. They replaced the belt, retested, and today said the noise persists. I miss my car!

They are opening a case with BMW NA and going to record audio clips to submit with the claim. I am frustrated I haven't had the car long and now this happens, but my dealership has been very determined and eager to sort this out.

I will continue to post updates as I get them. I also posted some in the older thread about G82 M4 Cold Start Noises. I started a new thread in light of helping others that seem to have this mysterious noise that is not documented hardly anywhere.
Did the squealing happen sometimes when driving very slowly like through a neighborhood or parking lot? Think I may be experiencing the same thing. Only happens sometimes for me though.
Appreciate 1
Krisp97302.50