kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOnBlack View Post
Thank you! I hope you have a great time, I am sure you will

I was using the Sport for steering, and it felt fine to me. The instructor suggested I use the Normal setting. I did not feel anything different frankly, it was a non-issue either way.

I experimented with Normal setting for brakes initially, then I tried Sport for the sake of trying, and it felt much better. The 'better' part wasn't about how applied the braking, but more during the release of the brakes. I was much smoother releasing the brakes, but I cannot say why that was the case. So, I left it in Sport afterwards.

Other M settings that worked really well for me were:
- Engine: Sport
- Suspension: Sport+
- Trans: S3
- MDM
- AWD Sport

As I mention in my write up, there is much I can write on the tyres, and I did not for the sake of not boring everyone. One thing I can mention about my PS4S experience is that how the tyres behaviour changed depending on the initial 4-5 miles of heat build up. If I pushed the tires a bit too early, they did not do well throughout the whole session. If I took my time, stayed patient, then they performed at an acceptable range.

That initial heat build up, btw, wasn't during the corners, but under braking. If I used all of the braking available too early, the tyre would shoot up in temp, which you don't realize because the screen only updates once per minute, I believe. That rapid build up, screwed 2 sessions for me, until I figure it out. So, I used about 70-80% of the braking for the first two laps, then went on as usual.

Best of luck to you.
Hey

I ran the same as you but only difference was I left the steering in Comfort, as you said, I couldn’t really tell the difference.

One thing, my fronts were in worse condition than the rears by the end, did you experience the same?

I only had 2 hrs of track time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0