05-07-2021, 10:31 AM   #31
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Many years ago when I was a wee tot, I bought a Buick Grand National. I had no interest in the car really, until a friend of mine took me for a ride in his. Then I drove my own car to the Buick dealership and said "that one over there, please".

One reason I wasn't interested was because C/D R&T or whatever, really panned it. Then a year later, another reviewer just loved it. It's really quite subjective.

So, yes maybe the article is pushing a particular point of view, but overall it's quite positive and identifies that the car perhaps has shifted and evolved from the raw track beast E30 that would beat the tar out of you driving on the street, to the quite relaxed and comfortable G8x that will take you to the track and perform quite admirably, if maybe not quite at the level of a GT3.

At least that was my take on it.
But that's nothing new, this has been happening throughout the M3's history. It sure didn't started with the G8x M cars. Thus this review is redundant rubbish. Anyhow, I think we give too much credence to reviewers.