View Single Post
      07-13-2022, 10:43 PM   #56
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Hey, so just a heads up in case it helps anyone... If you want to use the "battery protection" features for parking mode (time based shut off or voltage based shut off) you have to have use the 3-wire (batt+, ground, and accessory) power cable from camera. And the cable that has the cigarette lighter adapter shorts the batt+ and accessory wires together inside the cigarette port plug so those features wont work if you use that cable plugged into the blackvue battery via the short cig lighter receptacle adapter cable.

Since I had already routed that cable under the trim to the trunk, I ended up cutting the cigarette lighter plug off the end of the cable so I could connect all 3 wires to the blackvue battery output via a 3-wire cable that comes with the blackvue battery. Battery protection features work properly now.

None of the other 3-wire cables that came with the camera or blackvue battery would have been long enough to reach the trunk tho, so kinda jacked up that none of the blackvue documentation mentions this and you have to cut and splice cables together to get it to work. Google searching landed me on dashcam forum to figure this out.

At least it works tho, and I think I'm OK without a kill switch since I rarely need parking mode to run for more than say 3 hours since my work and home parking is secure.

Last edited by Indo Rider; 07-13-2022 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0