07-11-2022, 12:02 AM   #52
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider View Post
Hey, I'm about to install and I'm interested to know more about your kill switch. I'm guessing you installed a mechanical switch to interrupt power to the camera? That sounds super convenient, but I'd prefer not to slice into the cords if possible. I got the blackvue battery and planning to power from cigarette port in truck. Can you not just turn the camera off easily to achieve the same effect? Thanks.

Edit: yeah, no way to turn the camera off easily... Maybe a conveniently placed rocker switch is in my future. Can't believe blackvue doesn't have an easy way to power off the camera as people have been asking for it for years based on my googling today.
I haven't dealt with the blackbue battery, but the camera power wire has three connections, ACC, BATT, and GND. I basically took a switch and connected the BATT cable to one terminal and the other terminal went where the BATT connection would go. I hid the switch in the glove compartment at the very top where it's not visible. Since the switch is flat I used a 3M tape to hold it in place.

If you need more clarification feel free to reach out.

12 Pcs SPST Snap-in ON-OFF 2 Pin Snap Rocker Boat Switch Black AC 250V 15A 125V 20A For Car Auto Boat Household Appliances By MXRS https://a.co/d/i20XoRF
Appreciate 0