03-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #18
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashad13 View Post
This is pretty crazy to think that as a 21 year old, my childhood began with the beginning of the end of NA motors, my teens revolved around the downsize of ICE engines due to the popularization of turbochargers, and by my 30's the electric motor will be the new norm...

As people become lazier and lazier due to the aid of tech, companies adapt to that. It almost seems they are forcing that down our throats—technology to disable our own actions. Tesla no longer will have a start/stop button, nor a gear shifter. The will assume all those things for you. We no longer have to go to a shop to get a of , or a grocery to get our groceries. We have apps to deliver those things for us. Day to day life has been progressively more disconnected and I don't see that trend ending. It's a shame to think the movie wall-e might actually vaguely be where we are heading.

My question for you all is, do you think that by 2035/2040, when nearly every on the is electric—will memorablDependse petrol cars rise or fall in value? Will the M2cs or E92 M3 fall due to the costs of owning a petrol vehicle at that time, or will it appreciate beyond means due to it being memorabilia for certain generations? Will the cost of gasoline rise as fossil fuel companies try to squeeze out every last opportunity of income from the minority who refuse to convert to electrics, or will the fall in demand for gasoline cause prices to fall?

Thanks
Depends on many unknown factors.

Assume this horror could become true: 1/taxation regulations and additional CO² taxes will probably render ICE cars extremely costly to operate, 2/usage limitations by banning if from cities and potentially larger areas or even states, entire countries in Europe are proud to announce early how drastically they they will prohibit ICEs, 3/sentimental value: new generations don't have any sentimental feeling towards ICE, it's a matter of time that even a magnificent M2 CS will be seen as an artefact of dinosaur tech, 4/when there is a fast shift towards EV, will you still be able to find spare parts for your ICE since they have become so rare? When you do: you'll pay like they were made from pure gold.

Although only time will tell, most of these aspects are not entirely fictitious I'am afraid.
Appreciate 0