View Single Post
      03-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #15
pashad13
Pasha Dastmalchi
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe 8 Spd Auto

This is pretty crazy to think that as a 21 year old, my childhood began with the beginning of the end of NA motors, my teens revolved around the downsize of ICE engines due to the popularization of turbochargers, and by my 30's the electric motor will be the new norm...

As people become lazier and lazier due to the aid of tech, companies adapt to that. It almost seems they are forcing that down our throats—technology to disable our own actions. Tesla no longer will have a start/stop button, nor a gear shifter. The car will assume all those things for you. We no longer have to go to a coffee shop to get a cup of coffee, or a grocery store to get our groceries. We have apps to deliver those things for us. Day to day life has been progressively more disconnected and I don't see that trend ending. It's a shame to think the movie wall-e might actually vaguely be where we are heading.

My question for you all is, do you think that by 2035/2040, when nearly every car on the road is electric—will memorable petrol cars rise or fall in value? Will the M2cs or E92 M3 fall due to the costs of owning a petrol vehicle at that time, or will it appreciate beyond means due to it being memorabilia for certain generations? Will the cost of gasoline rise as fossil fuel companies try to squeeze out every last opportunity of income from the minority who refuse to convert to electrics, or will the fall in demand for gasoline cause prices to fall?

Thanks