01-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #22
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Yep, I hope sales are really good, otherwise it's gonna be hard to know what went wrong. I totally understand the need to focus on EV. BMW lost the plot here, even though they had an early lead with the i3.

What I do not understand is why BMW has to throw out everything they have been so successful at and create models like the iX. I don't mean to offend anyone who finds the iX amazing. I just think the X3 looks so much better in my eyes. An EV can look like a regular car, with some better aerodynamics to reduce drag. That's it. No need for weird stuff and giant grills. Otherwise, with polarizing looks you reduce adoption. At least for me, I don't really want to drive a weird looking car, electric or not. It's such a pitty to have all the amazing technology get wrapped up in a package that polarizes the customer base. I would have gladly traded my Tesla Model S for an i4 if the i4 looked more like the M340i.

Looks aside, I think BMW has a long road ahead. I really do hope they can do it alone, without a merger.
Dan, you da-man who get's that BMW's plan isn't gonna work out

Couldn't have said it better. You nailed it. I would trade in my Model 3P had the i4 or iX not look like the designer forgotten where he was working. Sorry, this is BMW, not Audi or VAG.
Appreciate 0