View Single Post
      01-25-2021, 01:45 PM   #15
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
The problem may be that if sales are not good, is it the fault of the car, the marketing, or the grill or some combination thereof?
Yep, I hope sales are really good, otherwise it's gonna be hard to know what went wrong. I totally understand the need to focus on EV. BMW lost the plot here, even though they had an early lead with the i3.

What I do not understand is why BMW has to throw out everything they have been so successful at and create models like the iX. I don't mean to offend anyone who finds the iX amazing. I just think the X3 looks so much better in my eyes. An EV can look like a regular car, with some better aerodynamics to reduce drag. That's it. No need for weird stuff and giant grills. Otherwise, with polarizing looks you reduce adoption. At least for me, I don't really want to drive a weird looking car, electric or not. It's such a pitty to have all the amazing technology get wrapped up in a package that polarizes the customer base. I would have gladly traded my Tesla Model S for an i4 if the i4 looked more like the M340i.

Looks aside, I think BMW has a long road ahead. I really do hope they can do it alone, without a merger.
Appreciate 2
MFNATIK3497.00