01-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #11
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I don't think its EV platforms that are causing EV's to be ugly, manufacturers are simply trying to be aerodynamic as well as space efficient while having their EV's "stand out" more than regular models, and in order to do so, they try to push new and unusual designs on the public.

EV's can still look great and very "ICE" like as the Mustang Mach-E, Model S, and Porsche Taycan have shown us.
I'm not suggesting that EV's look "ugly". I quite like the iPace, eTron, and Taycan and think the VW ID.4 is really attractive. But, I don't like the jellybean looks of the Model Y. I even bought one of the first i3 models. My point was that the EV's DO look "different" and that was a plus for early adopters, but unknown what effect it will have on mainstream buyers in the near term, which is BMW's window for selling it's ICE-adapted platforms. In the long term, better get used to it because that's where we are headed. I'll have a very nice fully-loaded, low mileage BMW 530e to sell to the "lost causers".
Appreciate 0