Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
How do you turn $4700 into $11,000? Buy the parts after the fact.
(That was not a jab at you Limegrntaln , sorry, just a joke that came to me)

Yeah, tell me about it. Unfortunately, when I spec'd my car, and it got over $103k, I was like "ah, that's it" No individual color, no carbon exterior. I can add it later, but I got everything else, oh, except carbon buckets.

Yeah, crap. I actually hadn't seen the OEM carbon, in person, and I met up with a local, savi01 M3 with the OEM carbon, and I instantly knew I made a mistake.

I called the next day to try to add it, and my build had gone into 150, that morning. I missed it. Took delivery without it, and it was a long, arduous and painful road.

I actually lucked out on a lot of things. I bought someone's rear diffuser, off of a car that they'd swapped out for the MPE exhaust, for $1,500 ($75 shipping). That was my biggest savings. Well, that and the carbon inlets from the classifieds, brand new for $1,500 for the set.

Carbon oem mirror caps, from Schmeidmnn, $540 each. carbon side grills from the classifieds here, $800 set. OEM carbon wing $450 shipped, from someone that took theirs off, for a duckbill, from the classifieds, here. My detailer polished that up, PPFd it and installed it on my car for me.

So, the actual carbon exterior package, for me, was about $4,600. Everything was new, except the rear diffuser, which was taken off to install the other guys MPE, had delivery miles on it. I also have another knock off carbon diffuser, that I bought from another member, here, for $500. I need to sell that, one day.

Wing, was almost new, like probably before their break-in service was done. Overall, not too bad.

Here’s the OEM mirror caps and OEM side grills.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
playswcars3633.50
RockinPA4852.50
chicagofan0019155.00
maelfyn156.50