Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'm getting numb to the front but it's still too big and heavy.
It is heavier, but the 2018 F80 loaded with Competition package was about 200lbs heavier than the first released F80 strippers with passive suspension. I am guessing the weight gain is probably ~ 100lbs from Final year F80 to First year G80. There was a lot of talk about this a month or so ago and lemetier could probably add to this conversation.

FWIW, when I see brake adjustment, drift recording, adaptive suspension, all the latest technology on offer, electric parking brake, traction adjustment 1-10, 21" wheels, additional cooling.... All is see is things that add a lot of extra weight to a vehicle. Active suspension alone is probably 50lbs when adding in all components from electrical routing, to controls, to actual suspension parts.
I think the real thing to think about with weight is the ROI so to speak... is the added weight overly net positive to the cars performance.
Too much commentary focuses on the weight number as an absolute. As if Heavier automatically means bad for performance.

Bigger brakes and chassis bracing for example add weight but also improve the ability for the car to move faster around a track, allow the vehicle to take advantage of wider tires with more grip, remain more stable, and manage higher horsepower and torque.

But things like the power trunk lid do nothing for performance

Also as insiders have noted the HEA cars represent the US market curb weight. With exec and parking packs

I believe if we strip the exec pack, and put them on the scale the things that do add the weight will either be things that make the cars faster or safer
Appreciate 1
///M4TT150.00