04-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #417
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
You and Sedan_Clan make very good points.

My understanding of the basic ///M philosophy, more particularly for the M3(4), is the dual capability of being a dual use car: as practical daily driver and as a track toy. It is the one common trait I've seen in all the publicity material since the first M3.

The famous "M characteristics" such as CF roof, high revving engines, power domes, fender arches, DCT, etc.. that so many mention are just elements that were added to the base model of a given generation to achieve the ///M basic goal of a dual use car.

I personally find that each generation has been able to expand on both extremities of that dual use spectrum. Each generation has become a more comfortable, luxurious and practical daily driver all the while becoming a better, faster, more engaging and more reliable track car than the generation it replaced. With more and more M3(4) drivers not using them on track, BMW has even expanded the range of offering within the M3/4 lineup, with the base, Competition, CS and GTS/CSL, to better cater to specific bias of individuals in the customer base.

It is that dual use intent that got me in my first E46 M3 back in 2001 and why I've kept coming back. While not perfect, it is BMW that offered the best car for my needs compared to the competition. As long as this remains, I'll keep coming back.
Agreed 100%!
Appreciate 2
CanAutM321125.00
JTO245276.00