View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 08:32 AM   #109
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
EVs are not for everybody. Neither are sports cars or minivans. The measure of success here doesn’t need to be ‘everybody has one.’

I live in a house in the suburbs, and plug mine into a slow ass 120v regular wall outlet. Works just fine for my needs (taking the kids to school, gym, errands). No hassle at all and it’s been the only car I’ve ever had with 0 problems. When my wife goes to her 6am workout, she can hop in the X7 if she wants. It’s freezing cold this time of year, and might need gas. Or she can take the i3, which is on a timer to be warm and toasty when she gets in, and will have a full charge. You can guess what she does.

If you require a 6MT, exhaust noise, or road trip capability that’s fair, everybody has their own needs/wants. Saying they’re ‘not ready’ though is a bit like saying loafers aren’t ready because you need to go hiking. Get what suits your needs. Better yet, have more than one pair of shoes.
Exactly this. EV's aren't for everyone. My commute is only 20 mins (if you commute 100+ miles a day, obviously not for you) so I would love an electric midsized truck. It would fit my needs perfectly as I don't tow, don't take cross country road trips weekly and have other cars at my disposal.

It's the complete antithesis of my M cars, but exactly why I'd like one in the future (the ICE cars stay).
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2