Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
lithium-ion based EVs are never going to be green. In order to make the EV business truly green and sustainable, we would need to switch to rechargeable and recyclable metal-free organic batteries. However, we are still 20-30 years away from that technology being truly scalable and commercializable. Lithium-ion batteries are NOT the environmentally friendly solution Elon Musk and Co want you to believe.
I'm not sure this is true considering the emissions and environmental impacts of the entire supply chain for competing technologies. I'm also pretty sure you can't make a metal-free battery that's even close to competitive due to the requirements of the anode material.

This doesn't apply to you in particular, but man this thread is full of regressive BS without any real research or data to support it. I don't have the desire or time to go play fact checker but damn there is some hardcore EV scaremongering. Nothing is perfect, but it doesn't have to be. CRTs are still better at some things than LCDs but sometimes you have to make tradeoffs.
Me want piston car! Electric car bad. I no understand car. Dino juice not gone yet. Car maker also bad. They make electric car. Would burn like Carhartt but need for job grrrrr. Also no like DCT. No like paddles. Too confusing and scary.
Appreciate 0