View Single Post
      10-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #101
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Agreed! Not an insult whatsoever. Regular M and Comp cars are designed for street. Tracking occasionally just for fun and you get a taste of what it is like on a track without flying completely off the rails.

The use case M was designed for is perfect for what it is. This paper performance measuring contest is silly. I recall a conversation I had with someone and he wanted to buy the comp solely for its higher HP. Ok fair for bragging rights. But I rather have more options in my base than that extra 30 HP
The biggest difference between the base and comp on the F8x was the suspension. Handling dynamics were night and day. I got my F80 in base (was new to the brand, the comp pack was brand new in 2016, and i initially didnt like the 666m wheels I saw in pictures). I hated it after driving a few comp packs on tracks and with friends.

when rumors were abound that they were not offering the 6MT in the comp pack I got very upset because I didn't want to drive a lesser car because of my transmission choice.

One of the biggest and most pleasing surpises on the G8x (for me) is it's the same car with a different tune. The suspension, everything else is the same. Every option (with the exception of the black badges) that can be optioned for the competition model, including wheels, can be optioned for the base/6MT model. It's fantastic.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50