01-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #279
amw896
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Don't mean to derail the thread but why is the M performance line a joke? I'm guessing you are referring to your previous m235i? I own one and love it. It's my first bmw but I think it's a great intro to the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I can appreciate your position as a BMW employee - you’re required to drink the Kool-Aid, but I am not.

The M performance line is a joke - I can say this because I had one. It was the worst BMW I’ve ever had (currently on #7). It’s also a blatant copycat of the Audi S line - there’s even some BMW issued literature that shows the lack of originality by referencing the S line at Audi. This is innovation?

I used to drive BMW because it was different. It represented a company who stuck to its respective strengths and had a loyal following as a result. You say why aren’t other manufacturers derided by reusing things over and over...well maybe that’s one of the ways BMW used to be distinguishable in the car industry. By coming up with new and better ideas for each generation. Not just recycling old ones....like the same engine for multiple generations of the M5, and similar plans for the next M2/3/4. It’s just not very inspiring.

I will continue to vote with my wallet, so we will see how you guys do in the future on that front.
Appreciate 0